Monday, January 1, 2018

Foreword /// A Traveling Zack

Hello everyone and welcome to 2018! I suppose you're all wondering why I've gathered you here today...

2017 was a simply miraculous year for me: Several of my dreams came true and I have plenty of stories to tell. I've been wanting to start blogging, YouTubing and publishing books for many years now... and 2017 was the year where I certainly compiled enough material for it!

Waikiki Beach, Honolulu, O'ahu

So, today, the first day of 2018, I want to begin sharing my adventures with anyone who wishes to read or watch them.

My name is Zachary, as many of you know. I work at Wendy's and Shurfast Food Mart in Cadiz, OH; birthplace of famed Hollywood actor Clark Gable. I love to travel, oh how I love to travel.

I'd not been able to travel in many years, when in May 2017, I realized that I could, in fact, go anywhere I wanted. Before that, I had always cancelled my plans because no one was willing or able to go with me.

I don't have a driver's license. That had always been a major deterrent for me. There's a long story behind it, so I don't often share that; it's a story for another time.

So, between walking and public transportation, I've seen a lot of things this past year. I've flown on more planes, rode more buses and caught more trains than I thought I would in a lifetime.

Somewhere in England
My adventures began in May - after a rough day at work, I decided to book a trip to Phoenix, Arizona. I spent a week there, and after a brief return home, joined my parents and youngest brother on a 13 day trip through Nebraska, Utah, Nevada, California, Arizona and Missouri in June.

I stayed a little closer to home during July, saving money for another trip, but still managing to go to the Alive Music Festival up at Atwood Lake Park. It was a glorious 4 days of camping and taking tons of awesome photos.
At the end of August, I took an epic 5 day trip around England, seeing as much as I possibly could in such a short time. I visited railways, met my favorite actor and walked around London all night long.

Taking another break, I worked all through September, taking on Shurfast Food Mart as a part time job on the weekends.

Then, I went to Los Angeles for a weekend in October to see a film I'd helped fund and meet the director.
In November, I spent a weekend in Fort Myers Beach, Florida, because I'd been there 14 years ago and I wanted to see it again.

Sunset on Fort Myers Beach
Finally, I returned to Phoenix for a day and climbed Camelback Mountain, before continuing on to O'ahu, Hawaii - where I stayed for a week.

I had planned to launch my blog and YouTube, chronicling my adventures near and far, in October.

I had planning to do something for years, as I've always been fascinated by blogging and vlogging, as soon as I left on my Arizona adventure - I knew I wanted to blog about traveling.

October came and went, and I hadn't found the time to share my adventures, but here in the cold months of Ohio winter, I'm going back through my material.

I took thousands, and I mean thousands of photos... Photography has been one of my passions since I was a young child. In December I had over 35,000 photos taken in 2017.

I also made some notes and here I am today, preparing to recount my extraordinary adventures.

2017 gave me stories to tell for years, and I hope to have many more adventures this year.
Be sure to follow my blog here and my YouTube channel.

Phoenix, Arizona

 Once again, we find ourselves in a new year, a new day - let it be full of love and light! 
"...behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation." 2 Corinthians 6:2 
"...whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31
"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another." John 13:34-35"

No comments:

Post a Comment