Sunday, July 29, 2018

Life - July 29th, 2018

So... I'm desperately trying to make posting on a blog a more consistent part of my daily routine.

I'm pretty busy these days, working nearly 40 hours a week at Wendy's, any part time work I can get, babysitting, trying to go for walks and take photos and working on getting my own business started.

Last weekend, the 20th through the 22nd, I was up at Atwood Lake Park for the weekend for the Alive Festival. It was my second year, and though I was not prepared to camp this time and had to drive back and forth every day, I still had a fantastic time.

I was particularly pleased to see for King & Country for the first time, as well as all the other new and returning artists this year. Also got to see Aaron Cole, who was the only artist I missed last year.


Alive Festival will get its own posts ASAP.

After Alive, I went back to work and stayed pretty busy all week. Managed to squeeze in a little haircut. I didn't do a terribly good job with my limited time, but honestly my head is a lot cooler and I don't look like Bozo the clown with hair sticking out on either side of my head anymore!

I had requested Saturday off, because that was the day we'd scheduled our family reunion for. Unfortunately, I realized the day of that I had never sent out the invites. Only the people who had heard via word of mouth showed up.

I'm prepared to send next year's invites out as soon as we have the date confirmed with the park.


We had a great time at the reunion.

I ate way too much cake and cookies, and a few too many cheeseburgers as well.

(Grandma always makes cookies with a mini Reese cup pressed into the middle and I'm always sure to eat about half of them. lol )

I've also taken to playing this cool game on my phone, Jurassic World Alive, which is really cool as it is an augmented reality game, I have to move about in the real world to find dinosaurs.

After the reunion, we cleaned up the barn and headed up to the Summit County Fair, an annual trip for us over the past few years.

In 2014, my family went and represented the Eastern Ohio Poultry Association, but I stayed home and took care of our animals. 2015, I went and helped with directing parking, a difficult task that year. 2016, I went up just as a visitor, but for some reason failed to bring enough money to get in (working midnights confused me). 2017, we went and walked about a bit.

On our way there this year, we spotted a whole host of hot air balloons flying over Canton, which was quite beautiful. I snapped a few pics.

As we arrived in Tallmadge, the roads were so bad that they blew out our rear tire on the car!

We had to get out for a few minutes while Dad jacked the car up and changed the tire.

I managed to catch a couple of dinosaurs in the parking lot, while Aaron and Brennon (our cousin, who was going with us to the fair) ran around.

The sun was starting to set by the time  we got going again.

We made it to the fairgrounds shortly and spent around two hours watching Aaron and Brennon try out the different rides.

We also tried out some of the fair food, specifically the french fries and an elephant ear. I also had a can of root beer pop, which was really weird because I don't drink pop and I haven't had any of the root beer flavored stuff since I was a little kid. Brought back a lot of memories.

Anyway, dropped Brennon off at his house on the way home and then spent Sunday working on sorting some stuff and doing a little writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment