Wednesday, November 4, 2015

zem2point0

I thought it would be neat to tell the story of how my internet username came to be "zem2point0."

So, when I created my first username on the web in 2008, it was my Dad's idea to use my initials, Zachary Evan Medley as my username. I thought it was a great idea, and it was. A matter of fact, I lost count of how many people complimented me on the cool username, some even before they knew what it meant.

I became a born again Christian in 2010. I continued my internet projects which I'd begun in 2008, which included working on wikis and forums, under the ZEM username. During 2012, I began to question the direction I was taking in life and whether my efforts were being concentrated where they should be, which led to me dropping several of my projects in 2013.

I began thinking of a new username to use on the internet, wanting a new username to symbolize the new beginning I was experiencing with letting go of my past projects and moving on with new ones. I came up with a couple different ones, including "ANewName," which I actually used for a while.

Eventually, I realized "zem2point0" would be the perfect username because my name is still the same, but I'm different on the inside. A second chance, like my becoming a Christian. So, that's how the new username came about.


No comments:

Post a Comment