Thursday, June 29, 2023

152 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

Thomas the Tank Engine & Friends, or Thomas & Friends as it was later shortened to, ran from 1984 to 2021 for a grand total of 24 series. 

The show was replaced later in 2021 with a reboot show titled Thomas & Friends: All Engines Go. Opinions are divided over whether this was a good move or not. 

I'll withhold my opinions until a later time and, in the interest of fairness, until I've seen the reboot - as I've not even watched the last 2 series of Thomas & Friends yet. 

But I'm a little bit concerned that the corporate decision makers might not understand what made Thomas special for a lot of us, and why I'm eager to pass it along to my kids. Some of the magic is definitely gone in recent years. 

But, on a brighter note, in the very near future, I'll begin a rewatch of the show from the very beginning and I'll be sharing my thoughts on my Twitter and YouTube. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment