Tuesday, June 13, 2023

168 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

168 days until the premiere of An Unlikely Fandom! I had mentioned in a previous post that I've had the opportunity to see some Thomas the Tank Engine props and sets in person. I should say I've seen many, because at the last count (and depending how you're counting) I've seen at least 30 models used in the show. 

Something that I have in common with a lot of my fellow Thomas fans is that I am very passionate about the preservation of the props and models used in the show I watched growing up. In my case, it started with Thomas, but it's grown into preserving any movie and TV artifacts - which is why I've got stuff used in anything from Marvel productions and Knives Out to The Last of the Mohicans and Lost in Space squirreled away to be displayed in a museum one day. (Only semi-related, but I was offered the opportunity to purchase the tugboats from Theodore Tugboat some years ago, I didn't have the money at the time though. 🙁)

I have not yet been able to aquire anything from Thomas the Tank Engine personally, but I am acquainted with several great people who have purchased props from the show and are preserving them for future generations to see. Definitely hope to see a lot more of them in the future and even help with preserving and displaying them!

Photos are mine, various years and locations. 🙂


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment