Monday, June 19, 2023

162 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

162 days until the premiere of An Unlikely Fandom!

Today's countdown post is a picture from 2019 - I attended the Greenberg Train Show in Edison, New Jersey for the first time and met a few of my fellow Thomas fans. 

The guys from @ ThomasTankMerch on Twitter were displaying the original Duke model (my favorite character, made a post about that recently) and I left work at 7:30 in the morning and we drove all the way (8+ hours) to see this train. (And I took my Mom to see the Statue of Liberty the next morning).

I got to the train show just in time to spend the last hour or so admiring the Thomas props and taking a quick look about the rest of the show and I managed to get in the group photo of Thomas fans (most of whom didn't know who I was yet, I'm in the back towards the right). 

This was also the day that I realized what a big deal An Unlikely Fandom was going to be. Not being super plugged into the Thomas community these past few years, I'd heard that Carty was doing a documentary about the fandom, but I didn't know anything about it and didn't give it much thought; and it wasn't until I saw him filming at the train show that I realized this was going to be a big deal. I was really eager to get involved with it after that. 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment