Sunday, June 11, 2023

170 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

170 days until the premiere of An Unlikely Fandom! It's been awhile since I've posted about it, but I'm a huge Thomas the Tank Engine fan. 

Been a fan since Mom & Dad bought me the "Thomas Gets Tricked" VHS for my 2nd birthday, I started collecting the ERTL die-cast trains on my 3rd birthday, I began editing the Thomas Wiki (basically Wikipedia for Thomas) when I was 15, and when I was 20 I learned that the head writer of the show was using the Thomas Wiki as reference for his writing; I retired from being the admin of Thomas Wiki when I was 21... but I never gave up my love of Thomas the Tank Engine. 

When I was 24, I visited the UK and visited a Thomas theme park and got to see a bunch of the models and props used in the show. When I was 26, I went to a meet up of Thomas fans at a train show in New Jersey and learned that a fellow fan was shooting a documentary about us, the adult fans of Thomas the Tank Engine. 

When I was 28, I made some small contributions to the documentary project and became an Executive Producer on the film. When I was 30, the premiere date of the documentary was announced and I look forward to seeing it with my fellow fans in 170 days! 

Here's a photo of myself and our intrepid director Carty, summer 2021. :) I'll be counting down the days to the premiere with anecdotes and trivia about what it means to be a Thomas fan. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment