Friday, June 16, 2023

165 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

165 days until the premiere of An Unlikely Fandom!

My favorite Thomas and Friends character for most of my childhood was Duke.

Within the world of the story, he was an old engine on a narrow gauge railway that got lost - left behind in an old shed when his railway closed - and is later found and brought to a new railway. 

My grandma bought me the ERTL die-cast toy when I was about five years old. (pictured below)

So you can imagine my excitement when I learned that some fellow fans had purchased the actual model from the show and had put it on display at a train show in New Jersey, August 2019. I got off work in Ohio at about 7:30 in the morning, and traveled all the way down to Edison, New Jersey to see him. We made it just in time for me to spend the last hour of the show checking out Duke and the other props! (also pictured below) 

One of my favorite Thomas memories! 

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment