Saturday, July 8, 2023

143 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

143 days until the premiere of An Unlikely Fandom! 

I've been thinking a lot while writing these countdown posts, and trawling through my Thomas memories, what is my favorite episode of the show? 

I still don't know. 

I've always had a hard time choosing favorites. That being said, a strong contender for favorite special emerges - 2008's The Great Discovery. 

One of only 2 specials created during the model era of the show, it was the final production /not/ to utilize CGI. Everything after this was either partially or fully CGI.

This is the only release with Pierce Brosnan as the narrator, it's got top tier model railway work and it's got an overall warm aesthetic and nostalgic charm that has always appealed to me. 

It also released in the early months of my work on the Thomas Wiki, so that probably adds to the nostalgia factor. 

I definitely recommend it!

P.S. I love the outro song in this one, "Thomas, You're the Leader" corny as all get out, but the perfect end of an era.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

If you're interested in attending the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

I recently started a vlog about Thomas on my YouTube as well. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment