Monday, November 6, 2023

An Incident at Work, Payment for a Job and Writing While Watching Concerts - November 6th 2023

I don't think I've mentioned it, but I was able to turn off the electric heater for the past couple of days, as it has warmed up significantly the past couple of days. Another beautiful day, work went pretty smoothly, we had a lot of people (one of whom slapped a orange juice sticker on the back of my neck and I forgot it was there all morning.) Then - just when I thought the morning would pass with nothing of note, a truck and trailer caught the awning over the speaker in the drive-thru. We had to get the contact info of the driver in case we needed to make repairs (I think it was OK, but an Amish worker in the truck had to get on top of the trailer and lift the awning so they could drive away).

Was also very excited by another development - I received payment from one of my website clients for some work I'd done and this allowed me to purchase an outfit for the An Unlikely Fandom premiere.

Once I got home, I worked on my usual stuff and my novel. Ended up watching some of the stuff on my YouTube Watch Later list, including the first episode of "Blues Clues and You!" the reboot that I auditioned for a few years ago. I was surprised I hadn't watched it yet. Paused it and went to Gionino's because I was just craving some pizza. I really need the money for other things, so I tried to keep it small, but I still got bread sticks and everything. 

After this, as I wound down for the evening, I watched recordings of concerts on YouTube on the TV while I worked on my novel. Couldn't find the Chris Stapleton one I went to, but I found another one on that tour. I also watched the half.alive concert that I didn't make it to, OK - not the exact one, like Stapleton, I found one from the same tour in a different city.

It was feeling a little chilly again, and as the propane hasn't been delivered yet, I decided to turn the heater on for the night again.

No comments:

Post a Comment