Sunday, November 26, 2023

Drive to New York City - November 26th 2023

Dad picked me up late in the morning, bringing me a lovely breakfast Mom had made for me, and we were on the road before noon. (I packed very last minute, but thankfully remembered everything except for my Starry Night ring). I determined to write as much as I could during the drive and I found the changing scenery and the speed of the highways quite elucidating for my writings. I shared some other ideas with Dad, including one I'm now calling "The Things We [Don't] Know" and which I hope will be something in the future. 

We stopped at around 6:00 for dinner, at a Wendy's. Wendy's and other fast food are good for when you're traveling on a budget, because the pricing is pretty standard. I concluded my writing for the night before we entered the city and our last leg of the journey, with 5,600 words. (After the month ended, I realized this day had the single highest word count of any in November). We got into the city and it took us a couple hours to cross New York City and then we checked in just before 10pm.

I went to sleep pretty quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment