Wednesday, November 1, 2023

New Month, NaNoWriMo and Running Out of Fuel - November 1st 2023

I like the first day of a new month, just like I have goals for each day or I lay out goals for a New Year, I have goals for months too. Bigger than goals for a day, smaller than goals for a year, but I have a list of things to tackle in November. So, I've written them all down and am trying to break them down into daily routines to accomplish them all.

In that vein, I'm determined to complete the NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) challenge again this year, by writing a draft of a novel of 50,000 words. If I write 1,667 words a day it will be easier (spoiler alert: there will be days that I write a lot less and days I write a lot more, if last time I participated is anything to go by).

In other news, I got to work early, I did a good job, put in the work and then went home. I've been opting to just go home, so no walks to Goodwill recently. I ran out of fuel in the middle of the night last night, so I have to make some sort of plan to get filled up, even though I'm super broke. Dad helped me out by bringing me an electric heater - which is warming things up quickly!

One of the other things I did to kick off the month was cleaning out and reorganizing my closet. My entire Thomas the Tank Engine collection is in there and I wanted to get it out and have a look at some of the stuff. Definitely some interesting stuff that I'll be showing off in my countdown to An Unlikely Fandom and my forthcoming videos on YouTube.

Today was a day that I wrote a lot less than my goal, but I started the draft. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment