Thursday, November 30, 2023

The Last Day of NaNoWriMo - November 30th 2023

My primary concern after work today was to finish my 50,000 words for NaNoWriMo. With my shortcoming yesterday, I had 5,752 words left to accomplish my goal. Unfortunately, I was terribly ill during the afternoon with an awful fever - freezing cold and couldn't warm up. I thought it was merely the weather, but I realized it was some sort of ailment later on. I allowed myself a couple of naps during the afternoon, nodding off in my chair in between writing. In the end, I did succeed. At the eleventh hour, but a success nonetheless. With 5,840 words, I surpassed 50,000 words for my novel and with that I fell asleep.  I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the story I'd written, but I'm certain there are aspects which will survive in revision.

No comments:

Post a Comment