Saturday, October 7, 2023

A Different Shift and a Finished Show - October 7th 2023

I slept in a little, due to the fact that I was scheduled for an 8am to 2pm shift this week. Remember how last week I'd requested an 11am - 5pm to recover from a concert I ended up not going to and my boss regretted not having me come in and work my usual? Well when she had made this week's schedule, she'd just copied my old schedule since I usually work the same hours every week. I'd pointed out that she'd not want me to work 11-5 again and I didn't want to either, so we compromised with an 8-2. 

I got to work at about 10 'til and clocked in early as well. I put in my shift, worked a few over even, and then skedaddled. I took a walk to Goodwill again, figured it would be good to start visiting again. After Goodwill I went home and lay in bed watching TV. I finished the Sarah Jane Adventures tonight. Thought it was sad that the show ended abruptly because of the death of Elisabeth Sladen. 

You know me, a touch nostalgic and existential at all times.  

No comments:

Post a Comment