Sunday, October 8, 2023

Sunday at the Funeral Home - October 8th 2023

Had my usual 5:30 to 11:00 shift to work in the morning. We planned to be at the funeral home at 2pm. Dad contacted me later last night and told me the family was gathering at 1 and he was going pick me up soon after work, so I got home and got ready as fast as I could. 

Mom ended up calling me and letting me know that Dad was running late and that he was driving Uncle Jim's truck, since we were having our car problems and Grandma needed her car. I had a hard time finding things that would fit me. This past month or so, I've really put on weight again. Some of my favorite shirts no longer fit - like the one I wore in New York earlier this year. 

I eventually decide on my suit and wore a variation on what I wore earlier this year to Crystal's wedding - complete with gold shoes. I decided to forgo the tie though, because I'm not good at tying them yet.

We ended up getting there at 2, with everything Dad had to deal with and remember how Dad is dealing with his injuries on top of everything else. We picked Aaron up on the way and arrived at the funeral home together. Nathanael was already there. Mitchell was working though. I mightn't have mentioned it before, but Mom had decided not to go at all due to the Medley's never truly accepting her. (None of us blamed her.)

I was rather unsettled, as I always am in these situations, so I spent the calling hours sitting with Aaron, Nathanael and cousin Jimmy. I even took a walk at one point.

Afterwards, we stopped out at Grandma's for a few minutes to help eat some of the food people had dropped off for Grandma. 

Aaron rode with us up to my place so that I could find the old Xbox for him and I showed him my trailer real quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment