Thursday, October 26, 2023

Auditioning for The Voice - October 26th 2023

I got to work early, put in my shift. Out around 11:00. I went home to put in some serious warm-up and practice for the audition. I wish I'd taken some vocal lessons over the past few years like I'd intended to, but for one reason or another it hasn't happened. Nevertheless, I'd promised myself that I would audition for The Voice when I turned 30 and with everything that has gone wrong lately, I just wanted to have this thing, you know. Honestly didn't really give much thought to which way it might go.

But, I didn't want to embarrass myself, so I made sure to warm up, chose the best place to record, practiced for a couple hours (with both of my TVs turned up so they neighbors wouldn't listen it lol). It got kinda warm wearing a suit and practicing in an enclosed space, but I was ready when it came time. I almost chickened out, but that's why I told everyone I was going to do it, so I couldn't give up.

I auditioned and was so relieved that it was just a recording and that I got to review before sending it in (I recorded twice before sending). I'd been stressing about this for awhile, so it was a huge relief to have done it and a bit of a confidence boost. 

Afterwards, I called my Mom to let her know how it went and I also ordered a pizza from Gionino's which is near my house. It's pay day, so I figure it was good to celebrate  Had a delicious dinner and rented a couple movies I'd been wanting to see.

Ended up falling asleep early, but I woke up later and checked my email and saw that I was not accepted on The Voice, honestly not really disappointed for where I am right now, just glad I followed through and tried. Hope to try again someday when I'm better prepared.

A little footnote: today was the day that someone left a box full of green peppers and a box of beets on my porch. No idea who he was. 

No comments:

Post a Comment