Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Movies: Robots, Cartoon Puppies and Mercenaries - October 3rd 2023

After work, I got ready to go to the movies and watched some stuff. I'm caught up on my movies now and trying to finish some of my shows (I've got quite a few I've started and not finished going back four years ago). So, I decided we'd be watching The Creator, Dumb Money and Exp4ndables. I wasn't able to book Dumb Money, as the show times overlapped somewhat, so I decided to try and book it at the time or get tickets at the counter. But, after talking to Mom on the way down, we decided we wanted to see the Paw Patrol movie more than Dumb Money - so that is what we did. The showtimes didn't overlap anymore this way either. 

The Creator was a very interesting take on robots and AI, a tragic adventure that doesn't seem to be launching a franchise, which is great to watch something that isn't gonna spawn a bazillion sequels. (Though you know, I do enjoy a good sequel or series.) Then we watched Paw Patrol, it was a fun movie about the pups getting superpowers from a meteor. Then we saw the new Expendables. It was kinda meh in my opinion, but I've never been a huge fan of the series. Bold move to try and hand it over to the younger action stars though - I will be waiting to see if they milk anymore installments. Like I said, I'm a bit of a sucker for a sequel. All in all, a fun day at the movies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment