Sunday, October 15, 2023

My First Time at Pull-A-Part (removing a radiator) - October 15th 2023

I started my day with a good shift at work, fully staffed and everything and got to go outside for a few minutes and update the sign, which I got done quickly and without complications. After work, I'd agreed to help Mom and Dad with our next mission - acquiring a radiator for the minivan that has been giving us so much trouble. (Hopefully that is what is wrong with it.)

We got the radiator from Pull-A-Part, a popular institution in Canton where you buy parts you pull from a used vehicle on the premises - hence the name. As I've mentioned previously, it's been awhile since I've really done any work on a vehicle, but I'm not completely devoid of mechanical experience. A radiator is definitely a new experience though.
 
The weather was sunny, if a bit chilly at first. Unfortunately, once I was under the car removing bolts from parts to extricate the radiator, a freezing rain began to fall washing down through the rusty undercarriage of the vehicle and into my face, which was fun *sarcasm*.

Nevertheless, we got it done. Just in time too, as they closed right as we were leaving. We got some sandwiches and watched some shows at my place before calling it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment