Sunday, October 22, 2023

Some Lawn Work for Dad - October 22nd 2023

Woke up at around 2:30 or 3:00 because of kidney pain, not only had I fallen asleep extra early last night, but I had also not drank enough water yesterday. Realized either last night or this morning that I won't be able to attend the train show in November, only the premiere event, due to money and time.

I got all my usual morning projects out of the way and then got to work on time. After work, I remembered I'd promised Mom that I'd come down and help Dad again, this time with moving things around.

Mom and I had a conversation about when I'm going to be leaving, I'd been a bit stressed about January even though that was my original choice, with Dad's accident and Grandpa's death - I've not had the time or energy to show my trailer and now it's getting cold out. I won't be able to sell until at least until spring. So, I'm going to take a more relaxed approach and leave as soon as possible, but when it's warm enough for someone to move.

Mom also brought me Grandpa's ties as Dad had helped go through Grandpa's clothes and donated the ones no one wanted to Goodwill. 

I helped Dad do some grocery shopping, then we got some diesel for his furnace. I moved some wood and cement tiles around back of the house after pouring the fuel in. Mom fixed us Manwich while I worked. 

Then we sat down to watch some shows. Dad wasn't feeling good, so we paused Doctor Who so that he could lie down. Mom and I watched an episode of Midsomer Murders, and I set up a Freevee account so she could watch some other stuff on there and added the show to her list.

Once I went home to bed, Dad messaged me to remember to bring in my plants and so I did, a frost was forecast for tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment