Monday, October 9, 2023

Grandpa's Funeral - October 9th 2023

I always have a hard time accepting when someone is gone and this is no exception. Worked my shift at work from 5:30 to 10am and went home and got changed into my dress clothes - same outfit as yesterday, but with the purple shoes and different rings today. 

I think we were all uncomfortable during the funeral, so that made it a little easier on me. I shared a story about Grandpa that meant a lot to me. All the grandchildren present served as pallbearers (there were 9 of us, as Mitchell and Tobias were not there). 

The grave side service was held indoors at a lovely facility at the cemetery (the weather held, but I think they were prepared for it to be bad). We all stood outside and talked for awhile in the sunshine, before continuing on to Grandpa's church for lunch.

After chatting some of our family we eventually packed it in and headed home. Aaron went back to his hotel tonight and I wished him safe travels tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment