Tuesday, September 12, 2023

77 Days: Countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom Premiere

 Here's a funny one, when I was a kid and we were driving somewhere or any other time I'd ask "how long until" and my parents would say "half an hour" and then, inevitably, I would ask "how long is that" and they began to answer "about a Thomas tape" (for the kids: before DVDs, there were these things called VHS cassettes) and that became a standard unit of measurement (Americans /will/ use anything but the metric system) for my brothers and I throughout our childhood. Ironically, the tapes in question - the three pictured below were watched often - all list their runtime as "approx 40 minutes," something I pointed out to my parents as a teen, with some amusement.

The Thomas fan community's very own documentary, An Unlikely Fandom, premieres in NYC on November 27th - in just 77 days. 


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 

For more about An Unlikely Fandom visit: Website • Facebook • Twitter • Instagram 

I'm blogging the countdown to the An Unlikely Fandom premiere, 

New Thomas content coming soon to my YouTube. 

You can visit the Thomas the Tank Engine Wiki by clicking here.

Also be sure to check out the Sodor Island Fansite and Sodor Island Forums
if you're looking for more great Thomas the Tank Engine content and discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment