Thursday, September 21, 2023

Beginning to Sort My Hard Drives - September 21st 2023

Put in my shift at work, miserable from running back and forth to cash people out in the back window and then serving them in the second window. It was a truck day, so at first there were only 2 of us on line. Stressful shift that left me wondering if I can continue doing this. I only want to do it for another 3 and a half months, so I keep reminding myself and trying not to worry. 

After work, I got something to eat with coupons and then went home to watch movies and work on my projects. Since I finished sorting through my old Facebook yesterday and put in for deletion, now I'm turning my attention to all my photos and videos on my hard drives. 

I currently have 2 laptops. Both nearly maxed out on space. I also have a few memory cards also maxed out and the internal space on my phone is nearly full, so I want to get things sorted. I will have to get more memory cards in the near future for storage, but in the meanwhile I want to pare things down to the stuff that is necessary and that I actually want to keep.

So, I spent a few hours going through the contents of my laptops, bit by bit. I'm going to be sorting through the videos and photos. Deleting the duplicates and the poor quality ones. 

My current system for organizing my files is based in a setup I created in late 2016/early 2017. I have conceptualized a new system, but first I want to sort through them and make sure they're titled correctly. I'll be moving from a layout that's chronological to something more location-based. This will be helpful if I successfully take to the road as I'm planning to. 

Watched some movies as I worked and eventually called it a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment