Friday, September 1, 2023

Social Media, Cartoons and the New Porch - September 1st 2023

With the beginning of September, we begin what I believe (and hope) to be my last four months in Ohio. Having begun to make plans to begin traveling full-time over the past month, and set January as my estimated departure, I have quite a few goals and projects to complete before that time. 

In order to have the most time and headspace to accomplish everything, I recently made the decision to take a social media break and focus on my projects. Granted, a lot of my projects are social media related, so I've got a few things that I will continue updating but I will be taking a break from most of my personal social media accounts - with the notable exception of the An Unlikely Fandom countdown on Facebook (which I'm working on scheduling in advance) and my daily Instagram posts. 

I worked from 5:30 to 10:15 today, no idea why the odd hours, but I was eager to leave by the time it came to an end. Was sad to say goodbye to one of my favorite coworkers today, as it was her final shift. 

Upon returning home, I began work on a few of my projects. I wanted to get to scheduling the An Unlikely Fandom countdown posts, but I ended up working on some more mundane tasks first, like uninstalling some apps and unsubscribing from a number of email lists. I also did some housework. I'm trying to create an environment that encourages creativity, by eliminating as much clutter as I can from my physical and digital workspaces.

I also made some edits to my An Unlikely Fandom blog posts and caught them up with the Facebook ones. 

While I was working, I streamed some cartoons on Disney+. One of the unfortunate habits I've acquired in recent years is starting TV shows and then not finishing them, while being haunted by not knowing the complete story, I go on to watch other things. This is another thing that I'm trying to change, by finally finishing shows I started ages ago. Yesterday I finally finished the DuckTales reboot. Today, I finished the first season of Ultimate Spider-Man. I'm also watching Star Wars Rebels for the first time, though I started that recently to prepare for the Ahsoka show (which I'm not watching until the entire season is available.)

Even though I didn't get everything done that I wanted to, I did have Mom and Dad over and Dad finished my porch for me. A month or so ago, he built me some new steps, but I still needed a rail around the porch to keep people from falling. Thanks to his help, this project is now complete. 

After this, we got Subway sandwiches, made some tentative future plans and watched an episode of Fringe together (s3e16). I watched an episode of Liv & Maddie (my secret favorite show, I'll know if you read my blog if you mention it) while I finished work on my projects for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment