Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Dad Wrecks his Motorcycle - September 27th 2023

So I'm at work as usual, and around 9:00 Mom tries calling me multiple times. Naturally, I become very concerned - because Mom never bothers me at work. 

Unfortunately, the district manager was there and watching us, and there was no one to cover for me, so I was stuck in position until 11. I did peek at my phone and saw a message from Mom saying to call when I get the message. 

I told one of my managers that I was worried that Dad had fallen down or something.

So, I get off work and call Mom. She assures me everything is alright, then tells me that Dad was in an accident on his motorcycle. I freak out a little, but she assures me that he's okay. Our only problem - we don't have a vehicle to go get him and he's in a hospital in Cleveland.

The only reason he was on the bike in the first place was because the minivan broke down. We don't have any other running vehicles and no one else to borrow a vehicle from unless we ask Grandma.

I waited for news for most of the afternoon, walked back up to Wendy's for some food and finally got word that Grandma was loaning us the car and we were going to be able to go see Dad tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment