Tuesday, September 5, 2023

First Movie Day of the Month - September 5th 2023

Had a hectic morning at work which unfortunately included the card reader in the drive thru getting broke. It fell on the floor one too many times and quit working. It was unusually busy (holiday traffic, I guess). I was supposed to be done at 10, but I didn't get out until after 11:00. Fortunately, I still had time to get home and get ready to meet my parents at noon.

We had plans to go to Pittsburgh and see some movies. We had a nice drive down and were early for once, as crazy busy as it had been at work and over the last couple of days seemingly everywhere, I was expecting traffic jams and so we left about 15 minutes earlier than usual. Funny enough, the traffic leaving Pittsburgh was intense, but we breezed right in with no delays.

We got our popcorn and settled in for our 3 movies of the week...

The Equalizer 3 - great conclusion to the trilogy, lots of great action, beautiful locations.

The Hill - probably my new favorite faith-based film, a sports movie with real stakes and heart.

The Good Mother - this one was full of surprises and one of the best movies I've seen recently. 

Had a nice drive home and then got ready for bed so that I could get to work in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment