Saturday, September 16, 2023

Finally Going to Maze Craze - September 16th 2023

Put in my usual 5:30 - 11:00 shift at work. It flew by because I was looking forward to my plans afterwards. After work, I went home and got ready to go to the corn maze that my friend and I have been talking about going to for six years now, but our schedules haven't aligned and/or we started talking about it too late in the season and it was closed by the time we were ready to go.

I had the early afternoon free until my friend picked me up at 4:00, so I finished watching the Ocean's Trilogy, which I started last night after I finished the National Treasure movies. 

When my friend picked me up, we had a nice drive up to New Springfield, Ohio that took about an hour, and we were able to catch up a bit, as we hadn't seen each other in 2 years. 

When we got there, it took us a few minutes to find the entrance as the GPS directed us to a road next to an unmarked field at first. Once we found the actual farm and entrance, it was a very nice and clearly a well-thought tourist destination. I paid admission and we went to the barn where the (owner?) gave a little speech about following the rules and told us how to complete the various games within the different sections of the maze.

It took us from 5 to 11, when they closed, but we did in fact tackle every section of the map and completed the main game, in which you find all 18 checkpoints in the maze, complete with hole punches to mark the scorecard included in the map.

It was a great time! We had a lot of fun and were very glad to finally have got to do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment