Friday, September 22, 2023

Some Resolutions and Extra Hours - September 22nd 2023

 Got up a few minutes early, procrastinated for a little while, and was still able to get up and get showered, shaved and ready to go. My manager gave me a ride to work and when we got there she told me that two other managers were coming in to help open. Once they arrived, we learned that a solution had been devised for my card reader situation which has been an issue for around 2 weeks. 

A card reader was moved over from a terminal that we don't use and with help from the tech support, the manager made the switch. I struggled the way I have for a couple of weeks, running back and forth across the kitchen, while this was being done. When I finally was able to work at my terminal in one window and no more running back and forth, it took me a couple minutes to adjust, as everytime the drive-thru dinged, I wanted to run to the other window on pure reflex.

We were supposed to have an inspection today, but it didn't happen. At least not while I was there. I was supposed to be out at 11am, but the boss asked me if I'd be interested in staying until 2pm to help out, as I'm taking the next 2 days off for a little jaunt to Kentucky and that leaves my hours a little short for the week. Between that and the fact that I always like to help my coworkers - I decided to stay.

It was intense for awhile, as we didn't have enough people, hence being asked to stay. I was really wound for the first extra hour or so, very anxious, but I managed to mellow out in the latter half. I was in back window and helping out with grill through lunch. I was pretty insistent about leaving precisely at 2:00, because I didn't want to be there when the inspection began, as then I would have to stay in position for the duration. I figured I should be on my way to figure out the next couple days. 

So, when I got out of work I got myself a Biggie Bag and a Dave's Triple (hey, I was hungry) and headed home. I ate and then called Mom to talk about tomorrow and see what was up. She didn't have time to talk so she called me back later and we got our details of the trip tomorrow worked out. 

Meanwhile, I worked on updating my blog, the social media projects that I'm still active on at this time and watching movies. Still watching 3 movies a day until I'm caught up to my goal, I want to watch 365 movies this year. Watched some good ones today, including the original The Thing and I'm currently watching The Bone Collector as I type. 

Going to be turning in, so I can get an early start. 

No comments:

Post a Comment