Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 Vision: New Years Day

 This post was originally a part of the "The Life of Zack" series on the I Am Medley Blog, which

was meant to kick off in early 2020, but is getting a reboot in 2024. 

_______________________________________________

I love New Year's Day. It's the beginning of a new year, a clean slate to be filled with adventure and new experiences. 

Usually I find something crazy fun to do on a January 1st. Once I found a baby mouse in a bag of dog food. Another time I got bit by a dog. Sometimes I go out with the fam and fire some guns into the woods. Last year I spent a few days in New York City, admiring the Christmas Tree and the view from the Top of the Rock. 


December 31st, 2017; preparing for some New Year shenanigans.

I've got a lot of hopes and dreams for 2020. Lots of projects and adventures, but mostly I hope that I am a light of faith, hope and love to those around me. 

I've had a few people say that getting excited about the New Year is stupid, and they'll say things like "New Years Resolutions never worked for me." My resolutions are a little different: I list goals and build on them, day by day, week by week, month by month and year by year. The main thing is to show up every day and put in the work. This is how I've accomplished anything I've accomplished, from building websites to traveling the world.

Visiting Grand Central Station on January 1st, 2019.

Hopefully this effort, showing up every day putting in work, will shine through in my blogs, YouTube videos and social media posts in 2020 - as I share the knowledge, adventures and spirituality I've experienced over the years and embark on next leg of my journey.

I hope you'll join me on this, my epic quest, by following and subscribing to my blog, my YouTube and on FacebookTwitterInstagram and Snapchat (@zem2point0). 


Have a Blessed and Happy New Year!
_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day. 

Today's selection "New Year's Day" by Abandon has been my go-to New Year's song for a few years now.


No comments:

Post a Comment