Saturday, January 18, 2020

Bible Study and the Men's Breakfast

 This is part of the "2020" series, originally published on my "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________

After WinterJam last night, we rushed home so I could get sleep before we went to our church's Men's Prayer Breakfast. I was to give the Bible Study/Message at the breakfast.

I just started going to this church consistently a few months ago after I quit my job, before that I had only visited a few times. I had been to one or two of these breakfasts over the past few months and had been asked to give the message this month. The men's breakfast is held at Carrollton Ponderosa once a month.

I was very excited about giving the message!

But when we woke up this morning, the weather was terrible! We were worried that we wouldn't be able to make it. We did make it though! Despite the snow and the ice we made it to Ponderosa. Only a handful of people made it, but it was good. (I always enjoy eating at Ponderosa too!)

Anyway, I spoke on this world not being our home and how a proper focus on the world to come makes us more compassionate and loving people in the here and now. 

I based the whole thing on Hebrews 13:14 and supported it with several other verses. 

I was honored to get the opportunity to speak and look forward to doing so again.

_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment