Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Visiting Aaron and Playing Blackjack

 This is part of the "2020" series, originally published on my "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________

I decided to go with Mom and Dad when they visited Aaron this evening, because he had recently told us that he wanted to move on and live with someone else. For those of you who don't know, Aaron is my youngest brother, adopted, has been living with us since he was 3 days old and is afflicted with various mental and behavioral issues that are to be expected when one is introduced to crack cocaine and alcohol before birth.

He's 14 now. Gonna be 15 in May. He's as big as I am and has been  displaying worse and worse behaviors as each year passes. About a year ago, I had to press charges against him, and he's been in and out of juvie and eventually landed in a residential treatment facility. As I said, recently he decided to he really just doesn't want to live with us anymore, and hopes that he'll land in a home in which he can live in town with other kids.

At this point, I have to say that I'm just glad this could be over. I've been worried about him hurting my Mom when I'm away at work or something, so this is something of  a relief, though it is also what was afraid was going to happen.

So, I decided to go and visit with him, since I have no idea how many more times I'll be able to see him.

He brought a pack of cards and he and Dad taught me how to play Blackjack. I'd never played before, it's pretty fun and not complicated at all. So we had a fun visit.
_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment