Thursday, January 9, 2020

New Life: The 2.0

 This was originally published as part of "The Life of Zack" series on "I Am Medley. 

_______________________________________________

Today's post is very important. I am a Christian. I take my faith very seriously.

My parents came from different religious backgrounds. They both wanted something more, but didn't know what it was. Not long before I was born, just a little over a year, they discovered a church that taught from the Bible differently than they'd ever heard before.

They passed these teachings on to their children of course.

I've always believed in God. 

I'd pray for the ability to see things like one of the prophets as a child. I didn't realize it at first, because it wasn't exactly how I expected, but I started having dreams and visions.

As I got older, life got more difficult in a lot of different ways, and that's a different story - but I started to pray more, I was more interested in going to church and reading the Bible.

Baptism, the Holy Ghost and Christian teachings were something we discussed a lot in our home. I remember listening to discussion over what the proper baptism is, how you know you're born again and related topics. 

Then one day I was reading and praying and I read the passage in Matthew, when Jesus said to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost. I had a moment of realization that the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Ghost was "Jesus." It was a real revelation. Mom and Dad were baptised in Jesus' name, by full immersion back in Texas before I was born - and now that I understood the scriptures myself, I wanted to be baptized as well.

We hadn't been to church in awhile, in fact we were looking for a new church in late 2009. Our family had just been through a loss, significant upheaval and Mom was struggling through recovery from cancer.

It was during that time that I asked God to help us, send us to a church, save our souls and get us through these struggles we were caught up in. A few days later Dad visited a church and then we started going there. 


One night in November 2009, I asked to baptized. When I decided to be baptized, two of my younger brothers decided to be baptized too. 

Acts 2:38 says that if you repent and are baptized in the name of Jesus, you will receive the gift of the Holy Ghost - God's spirit to lead and guide you through life. Various other scriptures indicate that when you are filled with the Holy Ghost you will speak in other tongues, languages you don't understand. 

I was filled with the Holy Ghost on March 7th 2010, with the evidence of speaking tongues. 

Being a Christian is certainly not always a walk in the park, but it is the most rewarding part of my life - it is my life - I cannot imagine going through this world without my faith. 

My faith and God's Spirit have guided me through some pretty incredible and terrible things. I just listen for the still, small voice and He helps me through. 

I wish everyone could know my God and understand my faith. Not everyone is ready to hear it yet, but I believe that someday they will understand.

Thank you for reading, God bless. If you have any questions, comment below or message me on my Facebook. I currently attend a great church in Minerva, OH - Minerva Apostolic Church, I hope you can join us for a service sometime and if you need a Bible, I recommend the King James Version which is available, along with other translations, through BlueLetterBible.org - check it out! 
_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day. 

An old favorite of mine today, "Born Again" by Newsboys


No comments:

Post a Comment