Friday, January 10, 2020

Attending a Funeral

 This is part of the "2020" series, originally published on my "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________

Today is the day that we had been dreading all week. Grandpa Soos' viewing and funeral. I rode into town with Mitchell, who stopped at our house first. 

I get terribly anxious at funerals, it's such an awkward time and then you feel bad for feeling bad because you're alive, reasonably healthy and not the one in the casket. 

Thankfully, our family is very kind and everyone understands about being anxious and most of us had to step outside a few times for some fresh air. I might have taken this a step further and hid in the children's playroom for a few minutes and then took a walk around the block to my old workplace. But I came back.

There was one little dust up in which someone from Dad's side of the family came by to harass Mom, I mean you'd think people would have a little respect for the fact that Mom just lost her dad. But no, some people are simply so uncouth they cannot leave her alone. 

But in the end, the person left and Mom was alright. So, all in all it went alright.

After we finished up at the cemetery, I suggested that my brothers join Mom, Dad and I, and we all go down to JP's for a bite to eat. I'd been too frazzled for breakfast this morning.


So we did, we all met up down at JP's and Dad bought two fish platters. We all stuffed our faces with fish and fresh french fries. 

After this Nathanael had plans, and Mitchell left too. Dad and I stopped in at the library to pick out a couple more movies. I messaged Mitchell to see if he wanted to come by and watch something while Mom and Dad went shopping in Canton. He had already made plans, so I worked on catching up on writing and planning my social media posts.

I also solved the problem I've been having with the Xbox. My youngest brother messed it up while trying to modify a game and now there has been no Xbox Live connection for awhile. I'd got subscriptions to Hulu and Amazon for Christmas, but the only streaming app that would work was Netflix.

I solved the problem by setting up a whole new Microsoft account and profile on the Xbox, because I couldn't remember any of our previous logins and Aaron had wiped them completely out.

When Mom and Dad got home we watched some stuff on Amazon and then went to bed, they both have places to be in the morning. Me, I just want to get some more writing done.

_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment