Saturday, January 4, 2020

Chocolate Factories, Good Fish & Library DVDs

 This post was originally part of my "2020" series on my "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________

Our folks had to make a run to the bank before they closed at noon, so my brother and I stayed home and watched some movies. We watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory first. I have always rather liked both the original movie (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory starring Gene Wilder) and "Charlie" starring Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka.

I want to recreate this costume for some reason. It's very me.

My brother couldn't believe that Johnny Depp played Willy Wonka, as he knew him from the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Then, I showed him pictures of Depp as the Mad Hatter and Tonto and really blew his mind. Hahaha. Seriously though, I've always wanted to be an actor and people that can pull off the variety of different characters that Depp has are an inspiration to me.

Soon after our movie, we left the house to go get some fish at JP's. Something came up along the way and delayed our lunch, but some of us eventually got there and got to eat. 

JP's is an awesome little bar/restaurant just outside of Cadiz that is well-loved in our area. Great food, great portions, for even better prices. My family almost always gets the fish platter with french fries. 

Down at JP's

After JP's, I realized we still had a few minutes before the library was to close. Our library closes at 5pm on Saturday. I much prefer the inner city libraries that are open later on the weekends to try and encourage kids to do something productive, but we gotta go with what we got.

Anyways, we decided to swing by the library in those last few minutes and see if they had any more of the movies I had on my list. I've been getting movies that I thought Mom and Dad might like that they've not seen yet. Today, I was looking for "The Princess Bride" and "The Lone Ranger." Neither one was there, so I decided on a couple other movies that were on my secondary list like "Jack Reacher" (even though I'm pretty sure they have seen it, they don't remember) and "Alice in Wonderland." (the one with Johnny Depp). 

Anyway, we spent the rest of the evening getting fuel oil for the house, I popped into Shurfast Food Mart to say hi to my former coworkers and then we watched some movies. 

_______________________________________________
I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.

Today's selection is pretty obvious, the main title music from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. 


No comments:

Post a Comment