Monday, January 6, 2020

Instagram, Funerals and Jack Reacher

 This post is originally from the "2020" series on the "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________

Mom and Dad spent the day contacting family members, working out what needs to be done for the funeral and all those details. 

I dealt with the usual. Keeping the cats from hurting themselves and trying to figure out why I was locked out of my Instagram account. Yesterday, on Sunday, I had tried to share another cute cat photo and the app informed me that I was blocked from using my account for the day. The block lasted well into Monday, and I still don't know what it was I allegedly did that was so awful they had to lock me out.

When Mom and Dad did get home, we watched Jack Reacher. Mom and I had watched it a few years ago, but Dad had never seen it. (Mom only remembered bits and pieces). The 2012 movie starred Tom Cruise and filmed in Pittsburgh. I don't think I fully appreciated how awesome the movie is the first couple of times I had watched it.  

I think they capture the beauty of Pittsburgh and the variety of people living in the valley. One of my favorite moments in the film is when Reacher is running from the crooked cop and hides among a crowd at a bus stop: one of the men in the group hands his ball cap to Reacher to disguise him from the passing cops.

Also found out today that my brother Nathanael has moved to Tennessee. Good for him. I'd like to move somewhere warmer. I'm still hoping to move to Australia later this year! :) 
_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.

"Secret Weapon" by Disciple. One of my favorite bands, I got to meet them back in July '17.


No comments:

Post a Comment