Thursday, January 2, 2020

Uploads, Kittens and Movie Night

 This post was originally a part of the "2020" series on the I Am Medley Blog, which

was meant to kick off in early 2020, but is getting a reboot in 2024. 

_______________________________________________

I slept in on the second day of the year and it kinda threw me off a little bit, but I got it together and had a great day.

For anyone who is wondering, I'm in the middle of a job search right now, that is why I've not said anything about work, as I'm sorta between jobs at the moment.

I didn't get a YouTube video done today - the next one was to be a little bit about my life, to correspond with my planned blog post. The internet speed here is crippling when it comes to uploading, so I'm looking for alternatives - perhaps live broadcasts of my vlogs? If I have notes I'll do fine.

Mom started feeling better today, so that's good news. Soon we'll be going on our morning walks again.

No reading today, but a fair amount of writing.

The kittens remain a source of amusement and unsolicited distraction.

We had a nice little movie night tonight, Dad picked up some movies from the library for me. The one we chose to watch was "Frequency," a 2000 movie starring Dennis Quaid and, quite possibly my favorite actor, Jim Caviezel.


The movie tells the story of a cop who lost his firefighting dad thirty years previous in a fire and then one day finds himself talking to his father via ham radio - one day before he is to die. His father angrily shuts off the radio thinking it is some sort of prank, but he takes the information to heart when rescuing people from the burning warehouse the next day. Suddenly the cop's life changes - his father lived another twenty years before dying of lung cancer. But, his mother was murdered by a serial killer who originally killed 3 women, but with the change in history has killed a total of 10. I won't spoil it for you, but it's a great story of father and son working together across time to prevent a serial killer from claiming the lives of 7 more victims.

_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day. 

Today's selection: a song titled "Will You Save Me?" by a little band called The Birdsongs. I first heard this some years ago and was impressed by how well they did on a small budget.

No comments:

Post a Comment