Friday, January 17, 2020

WinterJam 2020

 This is part of the "2020" series, originally published on my "I Am Medley" blog. 

_______________________________________________


One of the highlights of my year is always attending WinterJam. WinterJam is a concert that tours the states with roughly ten different Christian musicians. The lineup is different every year with the exception of Newsong, who founded the tour. In my area, they perform in the same venues every year. I've attended in both Pittsburgh and Cleveland, but Pittsburgh is my favorite.

Selfie at PPG Paints Arena
I thought I would be in Australia by this time, so WinterJam this year was kind of an afterthought, but it is a silver lining to still being in Ohio. We went to Pittsburgh this year, the PPG Paints Arena. 

The artists included Andy Mineo, Riley Clemmons and Crowder. Newsong played a shorter set this year because several members of the group were ill.


The arena was so crowded we had to sit in the upper levels this time. This was the furthest away we'd ever sat, and I felt a little wobbly at that altitude, but it was awesome. You could feel the sound reverberating through the building.

One of the highlights when Crowder headlines the tour is always how all the musicians on the tour come out on stage and perform the final hoedown with him. This year he also performed a few songs with Riley Clemmons. 

As you can see, I snapped a few pictures with my cell phone, but the venue doesn't allow larger cameras, so I didn't chance taking the Canon PowerShot in. (Though I seem to remember taking it in there once before without an issue.)

I had a blast and though I hope to be in Australia by this time next year, I will look forward to attending another WinterJam in future!

Pittsburgh skyline from the parking lot
_______________________________________________

I've decided to start ending my blogs with songs that I like. I do not own or endorse the music or artists, unless otherwise noted. Please enjoy my selection of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment